Saturday, July 12, 2014

The World Cup - 3rd Place Game

When it rains it pours. The tournament continues to be a disappointment for the host as they lose the third place game to the Netherlands 3-0.

This is one of those things you just have to throw away and move on. I'm sure Brazil will be back. Two years from now we'll have the Olympics in Brazil as well and there will the opportunity to rebound.

Third Place Game
Brazil v. Netherlands

Final
Germany v. Argentina

So all that's left is the final tomorrow. The win by the Netherlands brings me to 14-1 for the elimination rounds and 26-5 overall. If I didn't know better I would think I know what I'm talking about.

In 2010 I finished 13-3 for the knockout rounds and 24-8 overall so even if I get tomorrow wrong, I'm still going to do better this time around.

Of course last time I got the championship game right.

I looked back over my posts from 2010 and I was having a lot more fun with that tournament. Oh well, I guess I was more focused back then.

No comments: